Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January, A Great Month of Sewing!

 We are drying out now, but phewph, what a lot of rain we had!   We are fortunately up in the hills on solid ground so no major damage to us personally but that series of storms did a lot of damage to many places here along the Central Coast of CA!!

For me the up-side of all that rain was a lot of indoor time for sewing.  I tried to make the most of it!  I got two quilt tops quilted,

Simple quilting with squiggly lines on the diagonal.
And this top was a donation to the CZU project but a lot of the small quilts / tops were never distributed
because people really wanted bed size quilts.  So we are finding home for them with hospice and the Vets project 'cause they want Lap size quilts like this one.
I used my favorite doodle- all-over-pattern to quilt this one.
I also Finished this top from my last post.
I know I've said it before but I really do like these row by row quilts.  It makes the math really easy!
And since Valentines day is coming up I made this scrub cap for my Daughter in-law.
I think this is one of the prettiest V-day prints ever!
And of course I made it reversible.
This print is pretty cute too!
I a weak moment I volunteered to make some Door prizes for our Guild's up coming Quilt Show.
I inwardly groaned with the gal in charge of Door prizes asked me to sew these microwave holders.
But when I sewed one up and tested it out in my microwave I have to say they are pretty nifty!
I even sewed 3 extra, 2 as gifts for friends and one for myself!
What a useful Door prize!
Well that all for now.  The sun is out and I gotta go out and clean up the yard!!
Take care, cw







 


No comments:

Post a Comment