Thursday, October 3, 2024

Howdy from the other side

 It's been more than awhile since my last post.  My plan was to post once a month. Ha!  We make plans and then Life happens and we adjust our expectations...

The good news is my new Grand baby is happy and healthy and already 6 months old!  Her name is Ellorie. A name you don't hear to much but it suits her.  She is such a happy baby and a joy!  I've already posted about all the quilts I made for her back in Dec. and Jan. but the two quilts I mentioned in my last post got finished!  Here are the pix:

I love these Tiger theme prints and it made for an easy composition.

Like wise these whale prints made for a fun quilt!  I could not find a Full pic but here it is on the quilt frame.  I Did get it finished...  Sometimes I'm so excited I finished something I just want to get it  deliver right away and I forget to take pix.  LOL

I've also been working on quilts for my other to grand daughters. One is still in the planning stages but this one needs only sewing down the binding!   Lots of fun fabrics in this one.  Can you tell...  Sadie, like unicorns?!


I've finished several tops since my last post.   This first one has been hanging around for ages waiting for the final border.  I think I started it when I bought Sujata Shah's book back in 2018 plus or minus.

Of course I did not have Quite enough of the border fabric so I added some fabrix from the blocks to span the gaps.

This next quilt was made from left over BOM's scavenged from friends or made by me.  I think they all jive pretty well?!
These last two were more recent Starts but they did not stall-out like the first two.  I started them both since my last post.  OK,  it was 6 months ago!  LOL
All flannel scraps and strips and patches...My favorite!
They will all make good donation quilts!
Now if only I can get myself to spend more time in quilting mode instead of sewing mode.  Big Sigh...
I'm always going two steps forward and one back.  Oh well...

Another Happy family event since I last posted;  my sister's daughter, my only blood related niece, finally got married!  After ten years she and her college bow finally tied the Knot (much to my sister's relief!)  
I volunteered to provide the flowers as a wedding gift.  Turns out I got off easy.  They liked the idea of buying potted orchids for the table decorations and they had no bridesmaids or groomsmen so all I had to do was make a few boutonniere and her bouquet!
It's always fun to make a Brides bouquet!  All those gorgeous flowers!

I hope you are all well and safe from all these natural disasters that are going on.
Take care, cw










No comments:

Post a Comment