Sunday, April 21, 2013

Random Pix From My Archives

Well it's been one heck of a week!
Monday- my son arrived from Indiana with is fiance'  to get married in our back yard on Friday.
Tuesday- I put in 8 hours in the garden to help get things ready for the wedding!
Wednesday- I went to NCQC (Northern California Quilt Counsel)  to participate in "Meet the Teachers".  This is a program where quilt teachers from N. Cal. can  present info. about their classes and lectures to guild reps in the area.
Wednesday night- our house was burgled while we were asleep!  The thief did not get much but they took all our lap tops ( Thus the random pix from my desk top archives) I know, CREEPY!
Thursday- I had to go to the physical therapist 'cause I threw my back out with all the gardening.
Friday- our son got married!  It was a wonderful ceremony and a great celebration!  I would show some pix but as I did not take any that will have to wait  'til I get some from the photographer.
Saturday- we helped host a brunch (also at our house) for the families of the bride and groom.
Sunday- here I sit trying to remember how my desk top computer works $^#@!*^%!

All in all it was a great week!  We feel very fortunate that our children are all happy and healthy, the wedding was great and besides a few missing material things we survived all the hub bub!

Enjoy the random pix these are all from around 2006 BLP (before lap top)

This was the second 'Martha' medallion.
A quilt I made for my sister's Gigantic bed.

I think this was the last block swap I participated in.  I really like the lay out.
cheers, Claire W.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your son's wedding. Condolences on the losses. I am amazed you are calm enough to Blog about it. That was a jam packed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am so glad nobody was hurt. That has to be very unsettling to know someone was in the house while you were all asleep.

    I'm so happy the wedding went off without a hitch. Looking forward to seeing a few photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, I thought the wedding was the 21st!~ Good thing I didn't stop by on Friday as I was planning to!! Congrats to Sam and Meg! So sorry about the burglary. That's pretty scary. Call when you come up for air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome weekend! NO one can stop you from blogging and sharing your wonderful quilts. You go Claire.
    xx, Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the wedding, Claire! But what a drag about your laptop, and losing all your photos? True bummer. And never a nice feeling to know someone's been in your house.

    Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying looking at all your quilts. Like you told me the other day, you really are an Eclectic Quilter!

    love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad too that nobody was hurt...how scary and creepy that someone can do that. I love all your quilts, you, Claire are an amazing quilter.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete