Saturday, December 24, 2022

A little gifty sewing, a little piecing, a little quilting...

I made a bunch of these simple aprons for holiday gifts.  They are fun and easy to make and my favorite time saving trick is to carefully stack several fabrics and that way I can cut about 5 at once!  Here's more on that technique.

This Holiday fabric is a hoot!   Santa and his reindeer in Scuba gear.  There's probably a lot of ways to finish the raw edges but I generally use one of two ways.  Because of the goofy fabric I made this one reversible.  It's an easy finish to just put right sides together and quick turn, press and sew down the edges.  Here's the reverse side.

Light weight Home dec. fabrics are a good choice for this kind of project.
The other way to finish is the good old narrow hem . As in this one.
I've got lots of cute Food type fabrics in my stash. It's fun to go searching for just the right print to match each person I'm gifting.
Since my last post I've also had time to finish quilting this quilt.
I think this quilt sat on the quilt frame for about two months before I finally got to it.  The silly part is it only took me a couple of hours  to quilt once I got going!  Procrastinate?  just a little!! LOL

I quilted it with all over wavy lines.  I really like the effect of the lines disappearing and reappearing over the light and dark parts of the blocks.
I felt so light headed for making a finish,..
I pinned another quilt on the frame right away.  We'll see how long it takes me to get this one done?!
Of course I had to celebrate all of my accomplishments!
What better way than to start a new project!
I'm really liking these row by row quilts.  They are fun and easy and make great donation quilts.
Well that's all for now.
I hope however you celebrate your Winter Holidays you have a very Merry Time!!!
take care, cw







No comments:

Post a Comment